blob: f41b8c97368c37338da46fafb27a97127ad83dcd (plain
Decision about checkpoint format?
* First line is a free form unique log ID
* Leave everything else as is
* If anyone wants Verifier("Property X") from witnessing -> use [otherdata]
* Leave [otherdata] undefined for now, focus on Verifier("Append-Only")
* Possible documentation TODOs
* Warning: monitors need to ensure that they have fresh append-only views. The base witnessing format helps with append-only, not freshness.
* Warning: if you plan for witnesses to peek into [otherdata], it would probably be a good idea to propose a common format that will facilitate such witnessing.
Way forward in sigsum?
* Easiest thing right now is to just add checkpoint as an endpoint and keep everything else as is. This should work well with TrustFabric's Feeder/Distributor thoughts.
* Don't have to figure out [otherdata] exactly right now "in a rush"
* Others can add their opinion and discuss what [otherdata] should (not) be
* We can do a proper trial-run of the design that we have and learn from it
What do we do now with sigsum x trustfabric?
* Homework until next time to think about this?