Date: 2021-11-16, 1300 CET
* Status round
* Next steps
* [rgdd et al.] brief summary of in-person meet last week
* [rgdd] proposal: open-ended shard interval
* [rgdd] proposal: remove arbitrary bytes in leaf structure
* [ln5] proposal: use SSH signing format for leaves and tree heads
* [rohonk] looking into possible proof methods, like formal verification with Tamarin
* Update meeting structure?
* Hello, status round, decisions, next steps?
* "More focused meeting, discuss more after and/or async"
* "Max 50 minutes, probably less"
* Decision: rgdd will propose an updated meeting structure
* Life cycle for documents in doc/proposal
* Keep? Merge into main docs? Annotate aborted, implemented, etc?
* Keep proposal files
* Add a status line if helpful, e.g., "implemented, "aborted", etc.
* Move relevant parts of proposal to main documentation if status "implement"
* Use SSH signing format for leaves and tree heads
* Expand on changes to api endpoints in api.md
* Expand on output from openssh tooling
* Include that proposal includes switching from Ed25519 -> Ed25519ph w/ SHA256
* Open questions
* Move shard hint from struct statement to namespace field in SSH signed data?
* (In particular, would that make the signing procedure easier or not?)
* Some agility, but should be separate and not part of this proposal
* Security proof
* Q: Consider possible vulnerabilities in algorithms as part of security proof?
* No, security analysis of protocol so assume e.g. signature scheme with prop X
* Q: Would it be a good idea to use a formal tool like Tamarin/Proferif?
* Maybe, this paper might be helpful for rohonk to explore that possibility:
* Step 1: parameters, setup, properties to prove
* Step 2: select proof method, could be tamarin or something else like pen&paper
* Decisions about any open design TODOs?
* See above proposals
* See (3) in deferred item from in-person meet
* Also need to think about better terminology for "signer" and "verifier"
* Defer until next week, everyone reads in advance to be prepared
* [everyone] read and think about open design TODOs
* [ln5] ssh signing format proposal, and give rgdd access to sigsum systems
* [rgdd] propose updated meeting structure
* [rohonk] continued work on security proof and proof techniques
Other useful links
* [kfreds] brief intro to singing with ssh tooling